Senior Software Engineer
Educator Diploma - Full Time
- Relevant qualifications in accordance with Education and Care Services National Regulations 2011.
- Current first aid, CPR, anaphylaxis and asthma training with certification.
- Current Child Protection Training
- Current Working with Children Check
- Knowledge of current Education and Care Services National Regulations.
- Appropriate skills, knowledge and training in food safety and hygiene as required under the Food Safety Legislation.
- Commitment to further study to extend understanding of Early Childhood Education.
- To provide programmes which enable the centre to meet the requirements of the Education and Care Services National Regulations 2011, the Education and Care Services National Law Act 2010 and the requirements of the Victorian Kindergarten Policy.
- To provide programmes that reflect the philosophy, core values, policies and procedures of Woodlands, encourage the active involvement of families and the local community, and are inclusive of all children’s strengths, needs, abilities and interests.
- To provide programmes which have a commitment to the active involvement of families and the local community, inclusive of all children’s strengths, needs, abilities and interests.
- Ensure that confidentiality is respected and maintained.
- Demonstrate highly developed oral communication skills with parents, families, children and educators,
- Demonstrate a high standard of literacy and written communication skills for documenting observations and programming.
- To contribute to children’s learning journals and portfolios through high-quality formal observations
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal and supervisory skills.
- Ability to work within budgets, and maintain resources in rooms and throughout the Centre.
- Ability to deal calmly and effectively with a number of urgent matters at once.
- Developing knowledge of links to a wide range of health services and health professionals in the community.
- Developing knowledge of the administrative functions of the organisation.
- Represent Woodlands if required, in public forums or professional settings.
- Act as an advocate for the provision of quality care, and the benefits of the Campus and Woodlands.
Key Performance Indicators - Woodlands Values:
|To Thrive||When we use “thrive” when speaking of educating children we mean we are not content with just dotting “i’s and crossing ‘t”s. We create environments for children to flourish, to be set up for success, to grow strong and healthy, to make progress, to expand their learnings – to thrive|
|Respect||You must have conviction. Respectfully challenge when you disagree, even when doing so is uncomfortable or exhausting; do not compromise for the sake of social cohesion. But once a decision is made, we will commit to it wholeheartedly and leave ego at the door.|
|Relate||We know time is valuable, time for your family, time for fun, time for Woodlands. We need to communicate and ensure each team member understands the pressure of time and time management. Clearly communicating goals, actions and evaluations each day is of prime importance.|
|Reflect||Our reflections embrace the concept of serving. We want to provide the best service for our families. We start with the family and work backwards to be able to provide a service that matches their expectations. Reflection on the services we provide is honest, respectful, agile and outcome driven.|
Agility of mind and agility of learning – Agility of mind creates and embraces change, accepts that you don’t know everything, adapts, improves.
The agile learning environment is and educational space that is intentionally designed to be adjustable, exchangeable and moveable. Agile learning adapts to individual differences in environment, children,staff, cultures – the total environment. Agile learning creates differentiated learning awareness and is promoting a movement toward adjustment and adaptation of content, process, product and the learning environments.
|Sustainability||Sustainability is not just recycling and having the “bins” to separate one piece of garbage from the other – it is so much more. Woodlands does not recycle, we upcycle. Sustainability and upcycling at Woodlands is encouraged in everything we do daily and includes and continues to grow. At all Woodland Campuses we have – solar generation of power, gardens to encourage “plant to Plate”, use sustainable products in the children’s furniture and equipment, use recycled art supplies including paper, make links with the community to upcycle single use materials including tyres, paper, make our own paint and glue.|
- Agree to attend and participate in regular training of Emergency Procedures, including but not limited to; fire evacuation (drills) rehearsals, full evacuation (off-site), partial evacuation (on-site) and lockdown procedures.
- Ensure sound understanding of Emergency Procedures and individuals roles and responsibilities when completing including but not limited to; fire evacuation (drills) rehearsals, full evacuation (off-site), partial evacuation (on-site) and lockdown procedures
- Ensure sound understanding of Primary Assembly Points; Internally and externally
- Take responsibility to read and understand relevant information and to assist other educators to do so too.
- Ensure work practices are consistent with Commonwealth and State Legislation and organisational guidelines relating to Occupational Health and Safety, Equal Opportunity and Anti Discrimination in the workplace.
- Ensure evacuation drills, lockdown procedures, first aid and accident/incident management, and reporting are completed in a timely manner.
- To ensure that the centre is clean and tidy, ensuring that all materials and equipment are collected and packed away safely.
- To ensure children leave the centre clean, tidy and with all possessions.
- Ensure the security of the centre at all times.
- Ensure the neat; clean wearing of the centre staff uniform by all staff.
The Employee will also perform such other duties as are customarily performed by an employee in a casual position in other businesses or enterprises that are the same or similar to that of the Employer, and the Employee agrees to reasonable changes in the Employee’s duties.
Please complete the Woodlands Career Form to register your interest.